0-1 years in financial services (2-3 years without advanced degree)
In the process of developing basic analytical skilll; Activities can be transactional
• A significant portion of time is spent on basic work
• Able to handle a small proportion of transaction situations independently.
• Under direct management, analyzes routine and some non-routine analytical or business problems as directed; develops own industry knowledge; identifies industry risk factors comprehesively
Responds to questions from investors and issuers, speaks to the media or provides interviews
• Participates in meetings and on-site visits with clients and their representatives as assigned; Interacts with analysts and managers on analytical matters.
Achieves individual objectives as assigned; Prepares material for S & P publication and participates in ad hoc projects
• Analyzes a portfolio of simple entities with support from manager; conducts surveillance of rated debt issues and issuer’ ratings;
• Demonstrates an understanding of rating principal and methodology, a working knowledge of S&P ratings criteria adaptability in application of criteria in practical situations
• Contributes to the analysis of credit using S&P rating methodology and standards, Excel, financial models, financial data, and financial statement analysis
• Coordinates with global offices to ensure data is treated consistently across international borders and available to S&P’ global network; Has superior client interface capabilities and is adept in formulating a rating report with minimal of supervision and guidance
• Conducts research for potential new business