IBM announces summer internship program in Quantum Computing
Quantum computing is the next big transformation. The technology has become a mainstream career option for techies. IBM has just announced the Summer 2021 internship program in the US.
The tech firm has just wrapped up their Summer 2020 internship program. In 2020, IBM has hosted more than 70 interns supported by 28 managers and 51 mentors from across IBM quantum team. Considering the response received in the last year, IBM is expecting a huge volume of applications for 2021 internship program.
The IT firm plans to train the future scientists, engineers and developers across the globe on quantum computing. IBM has a goal to train future scientists, engineers, and developers across the globe who are willing to take the responsibility to find and support the best candidates from a diverse community.
IBM interns have made significant contributions to quantum resonator research, error correction codes, randomised benchmarking, Qiskit transpiler, compiler, and algorithm research. The interns have also worked on creating the IBM Quantum challenge, contributed to various educational initiatives.
The tech firm offers educational and professional development support to all its interns. They get to work on the latest quantum technologies as well as participate in networking and social events.
One highlight of the summer internship program is Qiskit Summer School, which is a virtual two-week event designed to help interns learn how to write quantum applications not heir own. IBM provides a quantum computing course to students around the world with the same educational opportunities. Some of the interns serve as mentors for the Qiskit Global Summer School and also offers valuable feedback that helps in refining material.
The candidates enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs are encouraged to apply. The interns will be part of a team whose mission is to work on prototype, test, and release new technologies. The candidates will work with a multidisciplinary global team of developers, designers, researchers and engineers.
Top candidates will have:
– Experience in a graduate or undergraduate program related to quantum computing, computer science, engineering and other areas of study.
– Coursework or projects in quantum information, algorithms, computation, and other application areas.
– Research, development and engineering experience in an area related to quantum computing and other applicable areas of study.
Prospective developer interns should learn:
– How to multiply two matrices and take an introduction to linear algebra.
– Familiarise yourself with Python.
– Take the introduction to Quantum Computing and Quantum Hardware course.
- Join us for free job alerts in Whatsapp (3): CLICK HERE TO JOIN
- Join us for free job alerts in Whatsapp (2): CLICK HERE TO JOIN
- Join us for free job alerts in Whatsapp (1): CLICK HERE TO JOIN
- Join us for free job alerts in Telegram : CLICK HERE TO JOIN
- Join us for free Job Alerts in Instagram : CLICK HERE TO JOIN
- Join us for free Job Alerts in Linked in : CLICK HERE TO JOIN
- Join us for free Job Alerts in Twitter : CLICK HERE TO JOIn
- Join us for free Job Alerts in Facebook : CLICK HERE TO JOIN